I know I’ve been talking a lot about the Nourishing Your Sacred Mama Spirit 21 Day Detox and I want to tell you a few truths.
- Truth – I created and shared the detox because I’m passionate about it and I believe it can be life changing because it was for me
- Truth – Often when we learn about something we want or want to do, it takes time, reminders, and the push to actually take action
- Truth – Helping you understand why and how this can shift your life is part of the process of growth
- Truth – Investing in ourselves is one of the most difficult things for us to do
When I mention that last one, I don’t mean buying new clothes, new things, eating out a lot and all the other ways we try to spend our way to happiness (I used to do a lot of that so I’ve been there, I know).
I mean truly investing in yourself in ways that are nourishing and growth inspiring.
- Investing in time for yourself for the things you love – reading, painting, going for long walks
- Investing in learning new things – taking a class in something you’ve always wanted to learn
- Investing in your health and the health of your family
This last one is big and can be one of the most difficult investments we make for a few reasons.
- We have to admit that there is room for improvement
- Especially if we haven’t started a family yet the results can seem intangible (but oh the empowerment you get!!)
- We get scared that it’s going to be too hard, too time consuming, too life changing
- We open up space for self-doubt and self-judgment (but also for expanding into the life that we know we’re meant to live)
Here’s one of the objections that I’ve gotten about this detox – This sounds perfect for my life, exactly what I need right now, but I just can’t fit it into my budget.
Does this sound familiar to you? Whether it’s with the Nourishing Your Sacred Mama Spirit Detox or something else in your life, we often feel this way about the things we truly need the most. Need, not want. Need to grow into our authentic selves.
This justification of not having room in our budgets is a strategy we use to keep ourselves down, keep ourselves hiding out from what scares us most.
Let’s take a not so hypothetical example, something that costs $60 over the course of 21 days. That comes out to $2.86 a day. Yes, I did the math for you.
For many of us, we make impulse buys daily.
- That candy bar while waiting in line at the grocery store
- The larger size because it seems silly not to spend 50¢ to get more
- The latest Living Social deal that may get added to the pile of forgotten and expired in a few months
We do this, often buying things that we not only don’t need but we know, if we’re honest with ourselves, that we don’t want.
Wouldn’t it feel great to make a shift here? Start putting your change away and spending that extra little bit on something that will be meaningful and life changing for you?
Whether it’s the Nourishing Your Sacred Mama Spirit 21 Day Detox, or something else, I encourage you to find more intention with how you spend your money, and start investing in yourself today. I’m excited for you to discover how empowering it can be!
Peace, Love, and Wellness,